GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
FAMILY CENTER DIRECTOR, Poppleton
Overview of Position:
The United Way Neighborhood Zone at Poppleton seeks to build and strengthen the communities of Southwest Baltimore by utilizing a community informed approach. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Excel Academy, which will provide early childhood education as well as supportive services to Center engaged families. This is a new center with a capacity of 18 children ages 8 weeks to 24 months.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Family Center Director is responsible for the daily planning, management and supervision of the overall center. This position is a full-time, 12-month position, supervised by the Director of the United Way Neighborhood Zone in Poppleton.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below, but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
Family Center Director Responsibilities:
- Hire, train and supervise all staff
- Coordinate ongoing professional development opportunities for all staff
- Lead recruitment efforts for the center and manages family enrollment
- Work with Family Services Coordinator and Child Development Specialist to manage the center’s schedule and coordinate all programming
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the center and the school (Responsible for coordinating access to other parts of the school building as needed)
- Manage the center’s budget including purchasing supplies, as needed
- Assist the United Way Neighborhood Zone in Poppleton with community outreach
- Provide data for grant proposals and reports
- Represent the center at various internal and external meetings
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in child development, early childhood education or related field from an accredited institution, master’s preferred.
Minimum of four years of experience in the development and management of early childhood education programs with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience
- Understand and be committed to the overall philosophy of Family Support.
- Work cooperatively with consultants from Maryland Family Network who are responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the Family Support Center program.
- Maintain respect for the confidentiality of information divulged by or on behalf of participants.
- Possess the ability to relate to people of diverse educational, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Be willing and able to do aggressive outreach and recruitment.
- Model appropriate interaction with young children and parents.
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team member and leader.
- Be willing to submit to a criminal background investigation.
- Have current medical evaluation, including a tuberculosis screen within six months before the individual begins work in the Center.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.