This position receives pledge payments from various sources such as lockbox, postal mail, and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Each payment to be coded to the appropriate donor account, campaign, campaign year and pledge type. This position also processes non-campaign related receipts. Prepares analyses to identify potential collection issues such as accounts with missing or incorrect pledges. Performs research and prepares adjustments to correct accounts as needed. Processes credit card payments and notify donors when credit card declines. Reviews and resolves all items from the printed credit card exception report before the next credit card processing. Produces and mails monthly billing statements. These duties will be performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Payment Processing & Application.
- Responsible for downloading daily lockbox payments from M&T Bank website, coding, retrieving donor details and forwarding copies to staff for processing.
- Responsible for downloading daily ACH/EFT and remote check deposit payments coding, retrieving donor details and forwarding copies to staff for processing.
- When coding payments, the campaign, year, the donor, and transaction type must be determined before processing.
- Review all unidentifiable payments with manager for resolution. Coordinate with Staff if further research or assistance is needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and assigning staff’s name to all daily bank link transactions.
- This will identify staff that will be responsible for processing payments.
- Responsible for processing non-campaign payments into NetSuite software.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mailboxes. Downloading all payment details and saving them in appropriate folders.
- Responsible for downloading all payment details including, organizations/employee, MobileCause, CyberSource and Eventbrite.
- Responsible for processing weekly and monthly credit card payments. Reviewing and resolving all items from exception report before the next credit card run.
- Responsible for notifying Major gift via email of all TQV donors that were included in credit card run.
- Responsible for on-going review and updates of procedures.
Collections, Billing and Adjustments
- Responsible for notifying donors when credit cards have declined or unable to process.
- Responsible for generating and forwarding to staff, pledge reminder list of individuals and companies that are included in the monthly mailing.
- Responsible for mailing monthly pledge reminders on or arounf the 19th of each month.
- Responsible for processing balance write-off adjustments as requested.
ACCOUNTABILITY (how you know you’re successful)
- All campaign envelopes are processed timely or communicated to the manager if not able to do so. All work must be entered at 99.99% accuracy.
- Payments are kept current with no backlog older than 5 days.
- Monthly statements are prepared and mailed by the 19th of each month.
- Donors are notified weekly when credit card declines.
Establishes and maintains relationships with UWCM staff, contributors, agencies, company representatives, loaned executives, volunteers, external service providers, banking representatives and vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
AA Degree in a related field with minimum of four years accounts receivable experience.
- Experience with an integrated accounting system is required.
- Must possess outstanding Microsoft Excel and Word skills at an intermediate level or better. Skills must include the ability to conduct mail merges, utilize formulas and perform functions such as V-lookup, concatenating, conditioning, macros, and various paste functions.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills to be able to efficiently prioritize work and meet identified deadlines.
- Most possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative and follows all assignments through to completion within established timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure, keep all work current and accurate and respond to identified department deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Outstanding customer service and follow-through.
- Consistently demonstrate a team player attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. There is extensive use of a computer. Employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230