GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Assistant Director, Family Center Columbia
Overview of Position:
The United Way Neighborhood Zones at Columbia seeks to build and strengthen the communities of Howard County by utilizing a community informed approach. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Columbia, which will provide early childhood education as well as supportive services to Center engaged families.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Assistant Director is responsible for the daily planning, management and supervision of the overall Center. This position will consult with the Family Services Manager and/or Director prior to implementing any major programmatic/daily decisions (based on the category of decision). This position is a full-time, 12-month position, supervised by the Director. Critical features of this position are described under the headings below, but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
Assistant Director Responsibilities:
- Responsible for programmatic planning and oversight of the Early Childhood Development portion of the Family Support Center in accordance with MSDE licensing standards.
- Supervises Family Center teachers
- Manages Center supplies with support of Administrative assistant
- Assist with managing all contracts related to the Family Center
- Responsible for reporting participant output and outcome measures on a quarterly basis for funder reports or as needed.
- Conducts ongoing instructional training for all early childhood staff to ensure proper care and developmental opportunities for the program’s children.
- Ensure Center maintains childcare licensure and abides by COMAR regulations at all times.
- Ensure all staff obtain and maintain recognized EXCELS credentialing
- Handles enrollment inquiry tours, marketing presentations and new client intakes.
- Coordinates the hiring and training of program staff to ensure the provision of a warm, nurturing environment while maintaining MSDE and Center model standards.
- Ensures Center maintains fidelity to established model.
- Ensures MSDE licensing standards and permits are maintained on a daily basis.
- Provides direct childcare as needed.
- Participates in implementing infant mental health and parent child attachment interventions.
- Implements and ensures child developmental assessments are conducted in a timely manner.
- Assist in the selection, formulation, and dispersion of materials related to child development.
- Counsel families and individuals on topics pertaining to child development and parenting in concert with Family Services Coordinator.
- Maintains accurate client files and ensures daily participant documentation is complete.
- Other Duties as assigned related to the program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in child development, early childhood education or related field from an accredited institution. Two – three years of early childcare education program management preferred.
- Experience facilitating family involvement activities.
- Conditions of Employment:
- Able to pass background check
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use “Assistant Director” in the subject line. Closing date is July 31. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.