GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
CHILD CARE TEACHER, POPPLETON
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The United Way Neighborhood Zone at Poppleton seeks to work alongside partners and residents to strengthen the communities of Southwest Baltimore by utilizing a community informed approach. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Excel Academy, which will provide early childhood education as well as supportive services to Center engaged families. This is a new Center with a capacity of 18 children ages 8 weeks to 3 years old.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Childcare Lead Teacher is responsible for the daily planning, management and supervision of the classroom and children. The Teacher will work in coordination with the Child Development Specialist, Family Services Coordinator and Childcare Aide. This position is a full-time, non-exempt 12-month position.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below, but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
Childcare Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Work as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment, model and encourage appropriate social interactions and assure individual age appropriate activities for each child.
- Lead Child Centered Non-directive play within the program.
- Work with Child Development Specialist in planning lessons, classroom strategies, therapy and educational goals for individuals and groups, and daily care plan, using Creative Curriculum as a framework.
- Assume responsibility for classroom activities and supervising assistants to assure that classroom functions are in an orderly manner and in a least restrictive environment
- Develop plan and prepare instructional aids/material for classroom.
- Assure that all center/classroom paperwork is completed in timely fashion (Daily log, child observations, attendance, assessment tools, progress notes).
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Maintain courteous communications with parents regarding their child’s progress, needs, and concerns.
- Participate in implementation of trauma informed, attachment-based activities/model (e.g. Circle of
- Security, Circle time; NCAST taping, etc.).
- Other Duties as assigned related to the program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- AA degree, or equivalent college credits, in Early Childhood Education or related Health Care Field is required. or Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or higher plus childcare experience required within 6 months of hire.
- 90 Hour Child Care certificate or equivalent education required; 45 Hour Infant and Toddler certificate required
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a childcare or early learning environment
Conditions of Employment:
Able to pass background check
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Childcare Lead Teacher” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.