POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
As a member of the Development team, the Operations Coordinator assists in administrative departmental support, including executive support for the Senior Vice President and Chief Development Officer. The Operations Coordinator builds collegial and community relationships with external executive-level leaders and volunteers, acts as the primary liaison for the division’s SVP with internal executives, managers and staff and participates in cross-functional internal and external teams and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
35% Department Support and Participation
- Campaign support - Process campaign dollars received for accounts not assigned to development staff and 100th Anniversary campaign; maintain projections and account information for accounts not assigned to development staff; coordinate annual public sector campaign applications.
- Business continuity – Update organizational continuity plan; participate in the cross-functional safety team.
- Support Sr. Director with data entry and maintenance, and generate departmental reports upon request.
30% Volunteer Coordination and Communications Management
Serve as communications contact for external executive-level personnel, directors, and contacts. Collaborate with Development SVP, managers, and staff in managing teams and councils such as Executive Leadership Council (campaign cabinet) and 100th Anniversary Campaign leadership.
- Coordinate and schedule monthly meetings, manage logistics, develop communications, create presentations and other meeting documents, provide technical assistance, transcribe meeting notes, and conduct post meeting follow up.
- Build and foster relationships with key executive-level corporate leaders in the central Maryland region to enhance engagement in the annual campaign.
- Coordinate and schedule executive-level meetings for United Way’s president with CEO’s and other key corporate leaders
25% Administrative Support
Manage all aspects of administrative operations for the Development Division. Focus areas include:
- Executive level support for division SVP including calendar, travel, billing and expense management.
- Direct and support communications across the Division; Ensure that executive leadership and department managers are informed of priorities, deadlines and challenges; Respond to a wide variety of requests for information, policies and procedures, and executive action.
- Support division activities, events, and special projects.
10% Finance & Payment Processing Management
Ensure timely, accurate payment of contractors and service providers in compliance with organization policies, procedures, and documentation requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 5 years related experience in business administration, marketing and communications. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and mastery of in-person and virtual presentation technology.
Language & Communications: Must be comfortable and adept in communicating with all levels of corporate partner staff, from front-line employees to executive management. Ability to develop and present high-quality presentations to a variety of groups ranging from internal/external staff to high-level executives in-person and virtually. Very strong verbal and written communication skills are required as is the ability to persuasively present UWCM messaging. Adeptly respond to questions, and act as a positive and professional representative of United Way.
Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and budget management required.
Reasoning and Self-Management: Ability to analyze complex situations and identify the critical components and dynamics to design creative and appropriate responses with options and solutions. Ability to work effectively with different temperaments/work styles and work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to consistently demonstrate initiative, professionalism, poise and flexibility and work within an environment of frequent interruptions, conflicting priorities, and varying workloads.
Leadership: Positive attitude and self-confidence. Very strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to assess issues and develop plans and tactics to address those issues. Willingness to step up and support organizational goals and needs outside specific job criteria.
Other Critical Skills: Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and sound judgment to manage sensitive donor, volunteer, internal and employee information. Must be detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrate independent judgment and initiative on assignments that are time sensitive in nature.
Employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time, lift at least 20 lbs. and make verbal presentations to groups (between 10-200 people). Must have the ability to handle stress.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230