PART-TIME FAMILY CENTER DRIVER
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The United Way Neighborhood Zones in Brooklyn seeks to build and strengthen the communities of Brooklyn and Curtis Bay utilizing a community informed approach. This strategy includes providing wraparound services to students, families and community residents to support their educational and economic goals. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center in Brooklyn that will provide early childhood education as well as socio-emotional supports to infants and toddlers and their young parents. In addition to these services, adult education and job readiness programs will be provided to equip community members the skills and tools to fully participate in the job market.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Driver supports the Family Center by providing transportation to students, their children and community members. This is a part-time, 12-month position. The person in this position will work with the Early Childhood Education program to provide transportation for students along with their children to and from Benjamin Franklin High School at the beginning and end of the school day. In addition, he or she will provide transportation for participants in the Family Center’s programs to other resources. This position will consult with Family Center Manager prior to implementing any major programmatic decisions (based on the category of decision). This position is a part-time, non-exempt 12-month position, supervised by the Family Center Manager.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
PART-TIME DRIVER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide transportation to Baltimore City Public School System (BCPSS) students and their infant and toddler children city-wide who attend school and utilize the United Way Family Center at Benjamin Franklin High School.
- Provide transportation for community members within Brooklyn-Curtis Bay to and from programs at Benjamin Franklin High School and/or other locations.
- Provide transportation to locations throughout the community, such as local grocery stores, to assist in linking Family Center participants to needed resources.
- Assist as needed with administrative and maintenance needs in the Family Center.
- Provide a positive, supportive environment for the children riding the bus.
Inspect vehicle, including tires, brakes, lights, gas, and fluids, and alert supervisor when maintenance is needed.
- Participate in all necessary training and planning meetings.
Maintain logs of vehicle maintenance, mileage, locations traveled to, and clients receiving transportation.
- Follow all traffic rules; must keep vehicle clean
- Drive staff on job related trips as necessary with the supervisor’s approval.
- Utilize maps and/or GPS and monitor traffic conditions to reach scheduled destinations on time.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with other employees, participants, and their families.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel to complete administrative duties.
- Other duties as required by the program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a driver’s license with a clear driving record.
- Must possess current DOT card/certification.
- Have experience transporting passengers, including infants/toddlers
- Proficient in MS Office
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Able to pass background check
- Compensation: based on experience; plus, full benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230