GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
DRIVER (PART-TIME), POPPLETON
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The United Way Neighborhood Zone at Poppleton seeks to work alongside partners and residents to strengthen the communities of Southwest Baltimore by utilizing a community informed approach. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Excel Academy, which will provide early childhood education as well as supportive services to Center engaged families. This is a new Center with a capacity of 18 children ages 8 weeks to 3 years old.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Driver supports the Family Center by providing transportation to students, their children and community participants. The person in this position will work with the Early Childhood Education program to provide transportation for students along with their children to and from Excel Academy at the beginning and end of the school day. In addition, he or she will provide transportation for participants in the Family Center’s programs to other resources. This position will consult with Family Center Director and Child Development Specialist prior to implementing any major programmatic decisions (based on the category of decision). This position is a part-time, non-exempt 12-month position.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below, but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
Family Center Driver Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation to Baltimore City Public School System (BCPSS) students and their infant and toddler children city-wide who attend school and utilize the child care center at The Family Center at Excel Academy.
- Provide transportation to locations throughout the community, such as local grocery stores, to assist in linking Family Center participants to needed resources.
- Assist as needed with administrative and maintenance needs in the Family Center.
- Provide a positive, supportive environment for the children riding the bus.
- Inspect vehicle, including tires, brakes, lights, gas, and fluids, and alert supervisor when maintenance is needed.
- Participate in all necessary training and planning meetings.
- Maintain logs of vehicle maintenance, mileage, locations traveled to, and clients receiving transportation.
- Follow all traffic rules; must keep vehicle clean
- Drive staff on job related trips as necessary with the supervisor’s approval.
- Utilize maps and/or GPS and monitor traffic conditions to reach scheduled destinations on time.
- Assist with Family Center general maintenance requests.
- Other duties as required by the program
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Clean driving record
- Experience transporting passengers preferred
Conditions of Employment:
Able to pass background check
Anticipated Start Date: July 2021
Please submit a resume to email@example.com. Please use “Family Center Driver” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.