GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Perform in a strictly confidential manner the highest level of administrative duties for the President & CEO, SVP & Chief Operating Officer, and SVP & Chief Financial Officer. Position supports six Region United Network (RUN) Advisory Boards: Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, and Howard counties (which includes support to the Director of Equity & Executive Office Operations as well as the COO). The individual also assists the VPs of Talent Management & Diversity, Finance & Controller, and Operations & Organizational Development, as needed. The Executive Coordinator manages the switchboard/front desk and serves as a primary back up. In addition to confidentiality, the position requires the highest level of discretion, critical thinking, sound judgement, and a comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist assigned executives with all duties of project management Responsible for all aspects of meeting management to include scheduling, preparing appropriate materials, handling all meeting logistics, taking, and preparing minutes and doing follow-up. Compose executive level correspondence, communications and presentations and spreadsheets requiring thorough knowledge of the organization’s activities, using discretion and confidentiality. Implement Internet searches and work with databases. Schedule a wide variety of and often complex appointments, meetings, committee meetings, and maintain multiple calendars of assigned executives ensuring accuracy. Greet visitors and screen/handle phone calls with discretion routing to appropriate person. Perform all routine office responsibilities such as coordinating project-based work, opening mail, filing, copying, faxing, mail distribution, preparing expense reports and check requests, tracking budgets and other ad-hoc administrative duties.
- Coordinate and organize meetings and related activities for six Region United Network Advisory Boards (Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties) to include heavy calendar management for multiple jurisdictions, scheduling meetings, securing room, preparing agendas, recording and taking and preparing meeting minutes and appropriate follow-up. Serve as key contact for internal and external committees.
- Manage switchboard/front desk coverage and serve as primary switchboard back-up. Serve as external customer service resource addressing inquiries, problem solving and initiating solutions when appropriate. Lead and actively participate in administrative support meetings, serve as a resource to other support staff, facilitate assigned projects, identify potential problem areas and bring forth ideas and solutions.
To be successful in this position, the Executive Administrative Coordinator must consistently demonstrate competency in:
- Provide high-level administrative support in a strictly confidential manner.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines based on customer needs.
- Exhibit accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Be proactive and demonstrate the ability to anticipate problems and plan solutions.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Use excellent English in oral and written communications.
- Exhibit professional demeanor, tact, and poise at all times.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal, team and customer service skills, working well with all levels of internal management and staff, Board and volunteers, external clients, community members, and vendors.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills with the ability to record and transcribe minutes.
INTERACTION (internal and external):
Frequent contact with Board members, committee members and other volunteers; internal and external senior level executives, staff, assistants, volunteers, donors, agencies and clients throughout central Maryland and beyond.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS (education, experience, skills and abilities):
Associates Degree with five (5) years of progressively high-level experience (including at the executive level). Bachelor’s degree preferred. Incumbent has a high degree of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with strong Internet research skills. Experience managing a complex Outlook calendar required. Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, oral and written communications skills proofreading skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, external clients and vendors. Incumbent is proficient at prioritization and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (sitting, standing, lifting, etc.)
Incumbent must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and lift at least 20 lbs. Requires use of hands to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. Must frequently talk and hear.
Interested candidates should send their resume along with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please!
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.