GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Neighborhood Zone Director, Poppleton
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The position is responsible for planning, developing, managing, and implementing strategies of the Neighborhood Zone in Poppleton to achieve United Way of Central Maryland’s community impact agenda in West Baltimore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position. The list is not meant to be exhaustive or restrictive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with strategic planning, evaluate strengths, needs and gaps in the community, and develop long-term goals in collaboration with staff and partners
- Establish and maintain the overall Zone operating budget, direct resources to meet budget guidelines, and achieve program deliverables for each funding source
- Coordinate and collaborate with residents, partners, organizations, businesses, etc. (organize in the community) to create sustainable strategies
- Develop and ensure implementation of programming, policies, and procedures
- Ensure UWCM working within the Zone coordinate programming
- Oversee Family Center programming, ensuring safe, quality programming as well as any additional UWCM related Zone projects
- Support and grow community and funding relationships and partnerships
- Create and evaluate measurable goals for each of the programs in collaboration with GRT team and VP (to ensure continuity across Zones)
- Ensure all grant reporting is accurate and submitted promptly
- Provide supervision and oversight to UMD SSW interns and volunteers
- Serve on related neighborhood, city, and regional committees (ensuring staff do the same when appropriate)
- Disseminate best practices to community-based agencies through technical assistance and conference presentations
- Report and actively communicate with Vice President,
- United Way Neighborhood Zones on strategy development, progress, accomplishments, and challenges
- Other duties as assigned
The position must model the competencies expected of all United Way staff:
- Mission Focused. Employee’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives employee performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- The position must model and support the values of the organization:
- Commitment to Community Success. Make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence
- Leadership. Provide strong leadership and act as a catalyst for promoting positive change in our community
- Inclusiveness. Aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of work
- Integrity and Accountability. Act with integrity that justifies trust
- Innovation. Value innovation in community building to affect positive change
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Attendance/punctuality. Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; and arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Planning/organizing. Prioritizes and plans work activities; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum five years of direct experience in human services preferred
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Organizing experience preferred
- Willingness to work varied hours including evenings and weekends as needed
Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software applications including email, Internet and Microsoft Office, with emphasis on data management systems
Directly oversees the Neighborhood Zone in Poppleton staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with United Way of Central Maryland policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include initial screening, interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.