POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for coordinating and performing a wide range of HR-related duties. Under the direction of the Vice President, Human Resources and Chief People Officer (VP HR & CPO) and in partnership with the Sr. Director of Human Resources and Administration and the AVP of Equity, this position carries out responsibilities in, but not limited to, the following functional areas: benefits administration, data analysis and reporting, employment law compliance, employee relations, performance management, and policy implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
80% - Human Resources Operations, Compliance, and Talent Management
o Administers and executes multiple human resources programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, retirement, and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; training and development; disciplinary matters; and disputes and investigations.
o Provides data analysis and reporting regularly for Human Resources, the office Equity, Grants Team, and other functional areas as needed.
o Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
o Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
o Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
o Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments in partnership with the AVP of Learning and Policy Compliance.
o Assists, as requested in recruiting, interviewing, and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborating with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
o Implements employee appreciation, recognition, and awards programs.
o Assists in handling employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
o Assists in maintaining the employee handbook of policies and procedures.
o Supports the AVP of Learning and Policy Compliance in managing external and internal training and development programs to include registration and/or travel arrangements as well as logistics and other assigned projects.
o Performs other duties as assigned.
· 20% - Project Management
o Under the leadership and direction of the VP HR & CPO, coordinate and execute special projects through all phases of the project lifecycle including concept, development, implementation, and closeout. Ensure all project documents, including but not limited to, project plan, scope, work breakdown structure, schedule, and deliverables are in alignment with the project goal and objectives as defined by the project statement of work.
o Assist with preparation of departmental budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required, with a concentration in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. HRCI or SHRM certification preferred and must be attained within two years of hire.
· Minimum of three years of progressive experience in human resources operations required. Minimum of two years of supervisory experience preferred.
· Paralegal experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
· Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
· Thorough knowledge of human resource laws, employment laws and regulations, and compliance issues.
· Ability to prioritize work as needed. Ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
· Excellent organizational skills, time management, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
· Strong relationship building, communication, and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to lead with confidentiality, trust, compliance, and empathy.
· High degree of integrity including ability to successfully handle sensitive or confidential information.
· Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired organizational outcomes.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HR system applications.
· Pursues continuous learning by participating in webinars, conferences, and other pertinent educational opportunities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to handle stress; sit for extended periods; and stamina to work long hours. Specific vision abilities required by this job include appropriate vision needed to drive as required for a valid driver’s license.