GIVE TO UNITED WAY
Your gift keeps Marylanders in homes, helps kids in school, and provides access to healthy food and jobs that pay the bills.
Sr. Director of Operations
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
UWCM has experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased impact in the central Maryland community. To continue on this trajectory, a highly skilled Sr. Director of Operations is needed to work closely with our team on improving productivity, streamlining and overseeing programmatic functions of the division and communicating between departments/divisions as well as with stakeholders.
- Oversee strategic impact initiatives from development through successful execution under guidance of senior leadership.
- Assist and communicate with management in decision-making, program management and initiative implementation.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedure for optimized efficiency and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
40% Oversee Strategic Impact Initiatives
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased effectiveness and efficiency in response to existing operations and help define new operation strategies.
- Work on special projects as project manager, when needed.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks – generating correspondence, maintaining copies, creating presentations, etc.
20% Program Management and Initiative Implementation
- Help strengthen / execute internal system for managing program execution.
- Project manage new initiatives, as needed.
- Ensure workflow is optimized for programmatic implementation in meeting benchmarks.
- Serve as liaison between staff and senior leadership regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals and planning.
- Notify relevant team members when communication with internal or external stakeholders is needed.
- Handle inquiries and develop action plans – assist with preparation and dissemination of communication.
20% Processes and Procedures
- Work with Senior Administrative Coordinators to organize documents in electronic file system (paper when needed).
- Streamline meetings, presentations and materials.
- Prepare and maintain various spreadsheets and documents.
- Create tickler system for deadlines.
INTERACTION (Internal and External):
Internal: Interacts with UWCM central and regional office staff on a daily or weekly basis to coordinate work/tasks; provides information as needed, participates on staff committee/team activities; develops cooperative and effective working relationships with Impact Strategies staff and other UWCM colleagues.
External: Interacts with volunteers, staff and community partners, collaborators and other organizations on a regular basis to respond to inquiries, provide technical assistance and community impact activities as assigned/identified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS (required education, years of experience, skills and abilities):
- Bachelors Degree in related field with progressive responsibility in the area of operations and project management, Masters Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint), outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and proofreading skills. Ability to implement efficiencies to improve work processes. Experience in non-profit or volunteer setting preferred.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Working knowledge of agencies, corporate and human service delivery system.
- Customer service oriented and focused.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and be well organized.
- Prompt, dependable and a team player.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Experience with budget management.
- Focus on operations management.
- Proven success in project coordination.
- Nimble impact mind with focus on development of creative solutions.
- Strong project reporting skills with focus on interdepartmental communication.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. There is extensive use of a computer. Employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
United Way of Central Maryland
Attention: Human Resources
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 340
Baltimore, MD 21230
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
Get the latest info on how you can join us to improve the lives of our neighbors —and the neighborhoods they call home.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.