CHILDCARE AIDE, COLUMBIA
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The United Way Neighborhood Zone at Columbia seeks to work alongside partners and residents to strengthen the communities of Howard County by utilizing a community informed approach. Integral to this strategy is the United Way Family Center at Columbia, which will provide early childhood education as well as supportive services to Center engaged families. This is a new Center with a capacity of 76 children ages 8 weeks through 4 years old.
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population, the Child Care Aide is responsible for completing tasks in collaboration with the Lead Teacher, Child Development Specialist and Family Services Coordinator. This position is a full-time, non-exempt 12-month position.
Critical features of this position are described under the headings below but are subject to change at the discretion of management. This job description reflects the designation of essential job functions but does not provide an all-inclusive list of duties that may be assigned.
CHILDCARE AIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment, model and encourage appropriate social interactions and assure individual age appropriate activities for each child
- Lead Child Centered Non-directive play with children.
- Prepare and assist with the daily care of infants and toddlers, with feeding, diapering, toileting, hand washing, sleeping, and playing.
- Assist individual children and small groups with developmentally appropriate activities, classroom strategies and therapy.
- Participate in implementation of trauma informed, attachment-based activities/model (e.g. Circle of Security, Circle time; NCAST taping, etc.).
- Help in preparation of instructional aids and materials for classroom activities utilizing Center approved curriculum
- Assist Child Care Teacher in completing required classroom/center paperwork
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained
- Other duties as required by the program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED. Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate is required within one year of date of hire (unless AA/AS specifically in Early Childhood Education).
- 90 Hour Child Care certificate or equivalent education required; 45 Hour Infant and Toddler certificate preferred.
- Previous childcare experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Able to pass background check.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Childcare Aide” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews