Leading the way for positive change
United Way’s Leaders United is a powerful network of more than 2,500 people representing a wide variety of age groups, backgrounds, workplaces, and interests who are committed to improving our region. Members, who give $1,000 or more each year to support United Way and causes they care about, make an incredible impact on our communities. The group contributes more than $4 million annually through United Way fundraising drives and Leaders United group initiatives.
Leaders United focuses on housing and homelessness, and also supports hands-on United Way projects that help families make ends meet. Since 2016, Leaders United members have:
- Outfitted 32 apartments for people transitioning from homelessness to permanent supportive housing with plans for 35 more in 2022
- Together with our Women United and Emerging Leaders United membership groups, created the
- Holiday Pop-Up Market that provided hundreds of families with self-selected gifts and a holiday experience to remember
- Provided families and veterans experiencing homelessness with “welcome home” kits, including the basic necessities needed to start a new chapter in their lives
- Completed a much-needed clean in the neighborhood of our partner agency, City of Refuge
- Hosted in person and virtual sessions to learn more about housing and homelessness in our region
- Created an annual event, Leaders on Tap, which brings hundreds of passionate donors together for an evening of networking and giving back
Interested in a Stock Donation? Learn more about giving the gift of stock to United Way.